Good Tidings

Follow me as I explore Alaska's vast coastline.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Clay Mate

Clay Mate , circular clay bead.                                                                                                       Inez Dunn©2014

In my part of the world the days are getting shorter, colder, and darker. And that can only mean one thing: its time to start baking! No, I’m not talking cookies and bread; I’m talking about “CLAY”! Clay is ideal for this time of  year and for the simplest of reasons, working with clay requires long quite hours. It’s the perfect art project when waiting for the sun to come-up long after 8:30am!
(In the above photo) My inspiration for this necklace design began with the smaller golden (Lucite) bead. As I searched for a matching bead to complete my necklace I came-up dry, and that’s when I decided to stop looking, and make my own! I love this type of challenge and I challenge all of you “lovers of beads” to do just that, make your own!!!  Send me photos of your very best and I’ll include them in next months post.

No comments:

Post a Comment